Peanut Butter Shortbread With Chocolate Dip
Our new Peanut Butter Shortbread With Chocolate Dip Recipe is better than a peanut-butter cup and oh-so-easy. The buttery shortbread paired with creamed chocolate is a winning combo the whole family will enjoy.
Prep: About 10 minutes | Bake: 25-35 minutes | Total: Just under an hour
Yield: 1 pan of shortbread and about a cup of chocolate dip
For the Shortbread:
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour (unsifted)
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tsp butter
- Pinch of salt
This bread recipe was developed specifically for use with our Brown Bag Designs Shortbread Pan.
For the Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mixer, cream butter with peanut butter until light.
- Cream in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Work flour into the mixture. Then, transfer the dough onto an un-floured board and knead until nice and smooth.
- Spray your favorite Brown Bag Designs Shortbread Pan lightly with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Firmly press the dough into the Shortbread Pan. Then, prick the entire surface with a fork.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the shortbread to cool for 10 minutes. Then, loosen the edges with a knife and flip the pan onto a wooden cutting board. If the shortbread is stuck, tap one edge of the pan until it comes out.
- Cut the peanut butter shortbread into slices while it is still warm.
For the Chocolate Dip
- Place sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and flour into a bowl and whisk.
- Heat milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat and then whisk dry ingredients into the milk mixture.
- Increase heat to medium-high until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to the bowl and serve with freshly baked shortbread.
Enjoy your Peanut Butter Shortbread with Chocolate Dip!
Aga Bodes is our guest food photographer, food stylist, and recipe developer. Learn more about Aga and see some of her work on her website, AgaBodes.com.