Savory Shortbread With Herbs And Parmesan Cheese
Our friend Aga has developed another shortbread recipe for you — Savory Shortbread With Herbs and Parmesan Cheese. This recipe is perfect for use with our Brown Bag Designs Shortbread Pans, and we think you will love pairing it with your favorite winter soups and stews.
Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 25-35 minutes | Total: 45-65 minutes
Yield: 1 pan of shortbread (7-9 servings, depending on the pan)
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, unsifted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (optional)
This recipe was developed specifically for use with our Brown Bag Designs Shortbread Pans. In this recipe Aga used our Norwegian Woods Shortbread Pan.
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mixer, cream butter until it is light.
- Cream in powdered sugar, salt and pepper.
- Work flour into the mixture. Add chopped herbs, Parmesan cheese and lemon zest (if using). Then, transfer the dough onto an un-floured board and knead until nice and smooth.
- Spray your favorite Emerson Creek Shortbread Pan lightly with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Firmly press the dough into the Shortbread Pan. Then, prick the entire surface with a fork.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the shortbread to cool for 10 minutes. Then, loosen the edges with a knife and flip the pan onto a wooden cutting board. If the shortbread is stuck, tap one edge of the pan until it comes out.
- Cut the savory shortbread into pieces while it is still warm. Enjoy!
Aga Bodes is our guest food photographer, food stylist, and recipe developer. Learn more about Aga and see some of her work on her website, AgaBodes.com.